Loyal Heights School, 1920-1921 school year
Miss Nannie Lennstrom, primary teacher, and Miss Tillie Thomsen, principal, are with their pupils on June 3, 1921.
The Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society and Library, serving Snohomish County and the Arlington, Washington area, has grown to include thousands of genealogical and historical books, microfilm and microfiche sets, and Internet access to free genealogy web sites. Our library is a depot for historical information pertaining to north Snohomish County and the Stillaguamish Valley, and its native populations and early settlers. The collection also contains material for all U.S. states and many foreign countries. This information is available to members and visitors free of charge during regular library hours.
As you may have noticed by now, our new Webmaster has begun to make changes to our website. Most of these changes will occur in the sections related to the Northwest Genealogy Conference. Registration for the NwGC in 2020 will involve a new process.
Northwest Genealogy Conference 2020, "A World of Discoveries"
This year's conference will be held August 12-15, 2020 at the Byrnes Performing Arts Center in Arlington, Washington. The information about this year's speakers and class schedules for each day are now available on this website. Early Bird Registration Pricing is now available for the NwGC Conference, through April 15, 2020. Click here
to register for the conference.
Monthly Meetings - Visitors and Potential Members Always Welcome!
- Held on the second Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm, check our events calendar for location.
- Hear speakers and watch programs on a wide range of genealogical and historical topics.
- Wheelchair accessible and is easily reachable from I-5 or State Route (Highway) 9.
- Meet members and gather information about the library collection during the break.
Benefits of Membership
- Wi-Fi access.
- Complete access to Members Only pages of our website - exclusive benefit.
- Access to subscription websites - exclusive benefit.
- Participate in field trips to research centers.
- Develop contacts with others who have similar interests.
- Discounted rates for certain genealogical research workshops - exclusive benefit.
- Receive the bi-monthly "Stillaguamish Star" newsletter by e-mail. There is an additional $10 yearly fee to receive the newsletter by regular mail.
Annual membership dues are:
- Individual: $20.00 (plus $10.00 if you want the newletter to be mailed to you).
- Family: $25.00.
- Professional: $50.00.
- Lifetime membership: $150.00 (onetime, per individual, with no additional charge for newsletter by regular mail).
- Lifetime Professional: $350.00 (onetime, per individual, with no additional charge for newsletter by regular mail).
- Honorary: N/C.
Become a member:
We're always accepting new members. You can use our Online Join tab here on our website, call us at (360) 435-4838 or attend our monthly meeting and ask any participant to direct you to our Membership committee.
Donate to the Society
Our Society Accepts the Following Materials:
- Printed family histories.
- New and used books of genealogical value.
- Microfilm and microfiche.
- Old photographs (which can be scanned and returned to you).
Items can be donated to the society in honor of, or in memory of a loved one.
Call before you stop by our library when donating items in person to verify that someone will be there.
If you'd prefer to make a monetary donation you may use the "Donate" tab on our website or send your tax deductible donation to:
Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 34
Arlington, WA 98223
Thank you for your support!
The Society Would Like to Thank:
The Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society would like to thank our generous supporters:
was made possible in part by assistance from the Snohomish County Heritage Program, for which we are truly grateful.
SVGS Library Hours
Open Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, 10:00AM - 4:00PM
6111 188th Pl NE, Arlington, WA
Thursdays at 10:00AM
Meet with fellow genealogists to discuss current events and genealogy over a cup of coffee. You may discover a new research method or just make a few new friends.
Tuesday, Mar 10
Did My Ancestor Really Pay for the Mayflower Voyage?
The Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society will kick off the celebration of the 400th yr of the Mayflower Landing with a presentation by Lori Lee ...
Sunday, Mar 22
Irish & Scots-Irish Research Seminar Coming to Idaho .... AGAIN!
Part of Celtic Culture Month at Jacklin Arts & Culture Center Join experts Fintan Mullan and Gillian Hunt from the Ulster Historical Foundation in ...
Wednesday, Aug 12
NwGC 2020 OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
Don’t miss the fun! The Northwest Genealogy Conference which will be held August 12 (Free Beginning Day) Wednesday thru Saturday Aug. 15 is now open ...